Sunday, September 6, 2020

AMIN GRAND DAUGHTER SHARIFAH TABAN AMIN ELECTED KOBOKO NRM WOMAN MP FLAG BEARER

 

BY MOSES SSERWANGA

The Amin family is back in national politics after former President Iddi Amin  Dada ‘s  grand daughter- Dr Sharifah  Taban Amin was elected and declared the NRM party  Koboko  woman MP in shocking polls that have seen many incumbents thrown by the way side for non- performance , arrogance and being absentee legislators who had for long abandoned their electorates .

Shortly after her surprise win , Sharifah Taban Amin one of the Museveni -doctom- young generation paid special tribute to President Yoweri Museveni saying he gave his father a chance to come back from exile without which she  would not have gone to school and become what she is today.

“ For me I have grown up and been educated by the NRM government . President Museveni gave my father and my family a chance to  come back home . He gave my father a job which enabled him to take me to good schools. That’s why I’m a strong NRM and Museveni’s supporter ,”  Dr. Sharif Taban Amin said .

A political novice so to speak, Sharif Amin said that she was going to learn on the  job and was ready for her opponents in the 2021 general elections  because “ I have been blessed by God and the people liked me naturally . “

“ I didn’t have the money yet my opponents used a lot of it . But the people of Koboko- young and old voted for me ,” She explained  vowing to work for unity among  the leaders in the district to champion the causes that are of great interest to the people especially the jobless youth .

In Fort Portal controversial incumbent Sylvia Rwabogo was shown the door when the voters elected her rival Linda Irene. Veteran media personality Margarate Muhanga survived by a whisker when she won by a narrow margin of 200 votes in Fort Portal North tourism city . In  Hoima Beatrice ‘true mummy’ defeated Harriet Businge –‘baby face’.

Minister Simon Lokodo was  beaten by Baatom Ben  Koryang in Dodoth, while Dr. C. Kiyonga bounced back in Bukonzo West after a long stay in political limbo .Ferigo Kambale will hold the NRM flag  in Kasese municipality while Frank Tumwebaze retains his Kamwenge flag.  Another veteran legislator Aston Kajara was defeated by Don Katalihwa  while minister  Col. Tom Butiime and NRM historical in Tooro  won in Mwenge Central. 

 

No comments: